Of Sun City West, Inc.
Date: December 16, 2019
To: RCSCW Governing Board
From: William Schwind, General Manager
Subject: Weekly Activity Report – December 16, 2019
Facility Projects: (Karl)
- Palm Ridge Stained Glass/Computers West Club Renovation is in progress – Stained Glass Room Update – Above Ceiling Inspections, Final Trim, Smoke Venting Units, Ceiling Panels, and Workstations are in progress. We expect this project to be completed 12/31/19. Computers West Room – Lighting, Above Ceiling Inspections, Flooring, and Miscellaneous Trim are all in progress. Overall, the Project is awaiting confirmation of Countertop installation dates by Sub-contractor critical to finagling Project work. Tentative completion of this project has been extended to 1-10-19.
- Kuentz Woodshop Parapet Walls – Roofing Southwest begins parapet siding replacement project 12/10/19 pending the weather.
- Metal Shop Storage Yard Expansion Project (Club Funded): Tikal Fence is scheduled to begin the project as early as 12/12/19, otherwise 12-16-19 after completion of other contracted work they have scheduled with others. Metal Shop leadership is aware of material delivery and work zone due to their 12/14/19 craft fair in the same parking lot.
Facility Maintenance: (Russ)
- Facility Maintenance Staff continues to catch up on all outstanding work orders and repair projects.
- We are on our 2nd governor for the heater in the filtration system at the Palm Ridge Walking Pool. We have asked pool monitors to be sure that all morning class attendees are showering prior to entering the pool. Due to those who do not shower prior to using the pool, the oils, lotions and other substances being deposited in the pool are affecting the filtration system cartridge and the chemical balance of the pool water.
- We are working on setting up an Open House for Reflective Services Massage Therapy on January 7, 2020 at 1:30 p.m. at the R. H. Johnson Pool. Reflective Services Staff will provide demonstrations and poolside massages to advertise some of the services they provide.
- In January, Staff is planning to walk all eight Lizard Acres outdoor walking trails in an effort to update the Walking Trail Guide.
Recreation Activities: (Riley)
- If you are looking for information on CC&Rs, take a moment to check out our web page and FAQs using this link: https://suncitywest.com/ccr-faq-sun-city-west/ .
- We are meeting with several clubs this week, including the Greenhouse Club.
- Kudo’s go out to Mona and Jan of our Tours and Scheduling Department! Since June 1 of this year, the Dynamic Duo has sold many Trips and Tours, totaling $600,484 and a nice return on the percentage owed to the Recreation Centers.
- Sales were brisk at the Village Store last Tuesday. The Store will be open from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. on Christmas Eve Day, Closed for Christmas Day and reopen on Thursday for business as usual.
- For the first 12 days of December 2019 as compared to December 2018
- League Play was up 19%.
- Open Play was down 5%
- Bowling Revenue was up 13%
- Refreshment Sales were up 63%
- Total Revenue was up 8%.
- The Spring TORCH session in 2020 is already half filled up.
- The next IT Improvement Council Meeting is on Friday, 12/20.
- To register for the upcoming Governing Board Election, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org and include your name, Owner-Member Card number and the email address you will be using to vote. You will receive an auto response to let you know you have been registered.
- The last Friends of the Library Board Meeting reviewed the FY20/21 library budget and it will be voted on in January 2020
- We will have the regular library group activities at the library; these include chess, scrabble and Legos. The Poetry group will not hold meetings until after January 15.
- Phil Dauterive will be bringing a tour group to the library and Asst. Library Director Audrey Ellis will give the tour. New Library Director Tracy Skousen will observe.
- The November 2019 Financials are out and posted. Operating Revenue and Expenses are very good.
- We continue to work with cell tower companies on renegotiating our Agreements.
- We have scheduled a Reserve Analysis Presentation at the Governing Board Workshop in mid-January 2020.
- For the first 13 days of December 2019 we had 57 APFs with 9 refunds for a total of 48 APF Fees for the month. We are on track with 2018 numbers.
- Tickets for “Spring Fest”, March 14 through March 16 are SOLD OUT
- Save the date 3-7-20 for our “BBQ Taste of Paradise Challenge” which is a Southwest National BBQ Competition. To date we have about 33 competitors, many committed sponsorships, Wood Shop/Metal Club in-kind sponsors for trophies and awards. This event takes place in the R.H. Johnson Parking Lot on March 7, 2020. The RHJ parking lot will be blocked off beginning Thursday 3-05-19 through Sunday 03-08-19.
- Tickets are on sale at the Box Office for Breakfast with Santa. This event is scheduled for Dec. 21, 8:30 a.m. at Beardsley.
- Tickets are still available now for our Holiday Show, Uptown Angels & MacDougal Street West scheduled for Dec. 11 at Palm Ridge, 3:00 and 7:00 p.m. Tickets are still available for both the 3:00 p.m. and 7:00 p.m. shows.
- Our Jazzy Little Christmas Event is scheduled for Sunday, Dec. 15 at 5:00 p.m. on the RHJ Great Lawn. Cookies and refreshments will be available for purchase This concert is sponsored by the SCW Broadcast Club. Tickets are not required for this event.
- Tickets for our New Year’s Eve Dance scheduled for Tuesday, Dec. 31 are available and on sale at our Box Office.
- Our 5K Run tickets are available Monday, December 9, 2019. The date of the 5K is Saturday, March 28, 2020. Visit suncitywest.com and click on Annual 5K Registration listed under Announcements. Proceeds from this event will go to Patriotic Service Dog Foundation.
- We received 40 applications for the HR Manager’s position for consideration.
- Just a reminder that Arizona State minimum wage increase goes up to $12 in January 2020.
- For the first 8 days of December, rounds are up 19% and revenue is up 17% over prior year. We have received lots of comments as to the great condition of our golf courses.
- Last weekend, Deer Valley Golf Course hosted the Coors Light Challenge II Round Robin Match Play Event. This was a two-man, best ball with 96 players. There were eight flights of 6 teams to play a total of five nine-hole matches during the two-day Event. This was a great Tournament and a big THANK YOU! goes out to all the golfers, our sponsors and to the Deer Valley Staff for hosting such a great event!
- The Golf Operations Department is becoming more involved in the Green Team lessons. Nibby Musso volunteered to teach this past Saturday at no charge for the Green Team – wood and Hybrids.
- Night Golf is being played on Friday, December 20 at Pebblebrook Golf Course. We have over 100 players signed up to play and it will be a great night as long as the weather cooperates. New technology in golf equipment will be the big talk of this event. New glow balls and hole lights will really make this a fun event.
- Rich Brooks maintains and services all 138 golf carts in our fleet and works hard to keep them in good operating order. Rich does a great job doing everything from repairs to preventive maintenance.
- Golf Course Maintenance
- Rainfall totals over the weekend were ¼” at Trail Ridge Golf Course and a ½” at Echo Mesa. There were no cart path restrictions in place.
- We will be top dressing and rolling the grass at Trail Ridge where the grass came in too thick or too thin due to the seed being washed out in an earlier rainstorm.
December Upcoming Events
|Event||Event Date||Location||Time||Ticket Sales|
|Holiday Concert Uptown Angels/MacDougal||Wednesday Dec 11, 2019||Palm Ridge||3&7pm||Available Now|
|Jazzy Little Christmas||Sunday, Dec 15, 2019||RHJ Great Lawn||5:00pm||Not Tickets Needed|
|Breakfast with Santa –
SCW residents only
|Saturday, Dec 21, 2019||Beardsley||8:30am||Available Now
Box Office Only
|New Year’s Eve Dance||Tuesday, December 31, 2019||Palm Ridge||7:30pm||Available Now|
Current / Upcoming Ticket Sales
|Event||Event Date||Location||Time||Ticket Sales|
|Cary Long – Comedian||Tuesday, February 11, 2020||Palm Ridge||3 & 7pm||Available Now|
|Troubadour Experience||Tuesday, February 18, 2020||Palm Ridge||3 & 7pm||Available Now|
|TOP HAT – Uptown||Thursday, January 9, 2020||Palm Ridge||3 & 7pm||Available Now|
|TOP HAT – Shashaty||Thursday, February 13, 2020||Palm Ridge||3 & 7pm||Available Now|
|TOP HAT – Jump Jive & Wail||Thursday, February 27, 2020||Palm Ridge||3 & 7pm||Available Now|
|TOP HAT – Aretha||Thursday, March 12, 2020||Palm Ridge||3 & 7pm||Available Now|
|CRUISE SHIP – Ping Brothers||Friday, January 10, 2020||Palm Ridge||7pm||Available Now|
|CRUISE SHIP – Tod Oliver & Friends||Friday, January 24, 2020||Palm Ridge||7pm||SOLD OUT|
|CRUISE SHIP – AZ Trio||Friday, February 7, 2020||Palm Ridge||7pm||SOLD OUT|
|CRUISE SHIP – Adel Experience||Friday, February 21, 2020||Palm Ridge||7pm||SOLD OUT|
|CRUISE SHIP – Black Market Trust||Friday, March 6, 2020||Palm Ridge||7pm||Available Now|
|CRUISE SHIP – Fair Child Blues||Friday, March 20, 2020||Palm Ridge||7pm||SOLD OUT|
|Vox Fortura||Tuesday, January 14, 2020||Palm Ridge||3 & 7pm||Available Now|
|Voyager – Journey Tribute||March 13, 2020||Beardsley||7pm||SOLD OUT|
|One of These Nights – Eagles Trib||March 14, 2020||Beardsley||7pm||SOLD OUT|
|Mirage – Fleetwood Mac Trib||March 15, 2020||Beardsley||7pm||SOLD OUT|
Holiday Concert This week!
Jazzy Little Christmas This Sunday! Cookies and refreshments available for purchase! Sponsored by SCW Broadcast Club
5k Now Available online under Announcements!
Date of 5k – Saturday, March 28, 2020
Visit www.suncitywest.com Click on Annual 5K Registration listed under Announcemnts
Charities go to – Patriotic Service Dog Foundation
BBQ – SCW BBQ Taste of Paradise Challenge
SAVE THE DATE – March 7, 2020
Ticket Sales December 9, 2019
Subscriptions No Longer Available
|2020 Cruise Ship Subscriptions 7PM||Palm Ridge||700||100%||Dates Vary|
|2020 Top Hat Subscriptions 3PM||Palm Ridge||481||68%||Dates Vary|
|2020 Top Hat Subscriptions 7PM||Palm Ridge||694||99%||Dates Vary|
|2020 Spring Fest Package no longer available||Beardsley||1993||March 13-15|