Recreation Centers of Sun City West
Below are some frequently asked questions and answers for our community members.
Editor’s Note: We will be adding to this section as we move forward. Please send requests for the FAQ to email@example.com. Be sure to indicate “FAQ website addition” in your subject line.
Intentionally left blank
- Host members are responsible for the conduct of guests and for any damages to facilities or equipment by their guests.
- Children under age 16 must be accompanied by a responsible adult at all times. There are no exceptions.
- Children are guests and as such must be signed in by a member with a valid recreation card using guest credits.
- Children must follow all rules of the Association and must not interfere with the peaceful enjoyment of the facilities by residents and other adult guests.
Billiards: Children who are taller than 52 inches and can demonstrate to the satisfaction of the monitor that they can properly use the cue stick without causing damage to the table may use the Billiards Room.
Bowling: Children may bowl at the R.H. Johnson Sports Pavilion if they can safely handle a bowling ball.
Fitness Centers & Hot Tubs: Children under the age of 16 are not permitted in these facilities.
Golf: Children may play golf when they can demonstrate to the satisfaction of the starter that they understand the rules of golf and are capable of playing without disturbing the play of members. Children may not play during weekly club play. Children must be 18 years of age with a valid driver’s license to operate a golf cart on RCSCW golf courses.
Library: Children under the age of 16 may use the Library when accompanied by a parent or guardian; children under 19 unaccompanied by a host member are not permitted to use the Data Resource Center computers. Only the holder of a valid recreation card may check out library materials. Children over
the age of 9 accompanied by an adult may participate in Virtual Reality programs.
Mini-Golf: Children old enough to walk and carry a golf club safely and who do not interfere with the peaceful enjoyment of members may play miniature golf.
Pools: Children under age 16 may swim during the designated Family Swim Hours; check suncitywest.com for a list of hours. Children who are not toilet trained must wear a swim diaper while in the pool. Adult supervision must be provided at all times for the duration of the swim. Children are not permitted in the spas. They may not be in the pool area at times other than the designated children’s swim hours.
Other Facilities: Children under age 16 may use other Association facilities when accompanied by a recreation card holder or other responsible adult at all times. (See Guest Policy).
*Members and guests are responsible for conducting themselves in a safe and healthful manner while using Association facilities. These rules will be enforced by the monitors and starters to ensure proper use of Association facilities for the enjoyment of residents and their guests. Your cooperation is appreciated.*
- Bob Murray: 775-771-4670
- Karen Rufulo: 708-476-2048
- Kelly McRoberts: 623-755-4316
- To My Surprise: 623-218-6035
- Grande West Shuttle: 623-583-3117
- Airport Shuttle of Phoenix: 480-703-6447
- Sun City Express: 623-933-9300
*Please be advised this is not a Referral List*
Family Swim Hours
- RH Johnson (outdoor) 10am – 1pm
19803 N. RH Johnson Blvd, Sun City West, AZ. 85375
- Palm Ridge (outdoor) 3pm – 6pm *indoor during inclement weather*
13800 Deer Valley Drive, Sun City West, AZ. 85375
- Beardsley (indoor) 5pm – 8pm
12755 Beardsley Rd. Sun City West, AZ. 85375
*Special Family swim hours may be authorized by the General Manager*
Pool Rules: A Friendly Reminder...
- Always shower before entering the water, especially after applying sunscreens or oils.
- DO NOT bring glass containers into the pool area (Alcohol of any kind is PROHIBITED).
- DO NOT dive or jump into the water from pool deck.
- SAFETY FIRST no standing or hanging on lane markers and ropes.
- NO running or horseplay in or around the pool area.
- Children under the age of 16 may not enter the spas.
- Children under the age of 16 MUST be accompanied and supervised at all times by a responisble adult for the length of the swim period.
- Children must have someone over the age of 18 with them at all times.
- Children must adhere to the posted swim times at the various pools.
- Children who are not toilet trained must wear swim diaper while in the pool.
- NO loud boisterous talking or profanity will be tolerated.
- Lap lanes are to beshared when swimming, and please remember to be courteous of other swimmers by staying to the right side of the lane.