Picture above is from 2021 Palm Ridge parking lot renovation
The Recreation Centers of Sun City West have a series of capital projects planned for this summer and fall at the R.H. Johnson, Beardsley and Kuentz recreation centers.
Here is the tentative schedule and the work that will be tackled during that time:
- July 6 through July 23 – R.H. Johnson Social Hall hardwoods project
- July 12 through July 30 – Resurface of R.H. Johnson Tennis platform. Tennis facility will remain open with work areas barricaded off.
- Continued closure through Aug. 31 – Beardsley Park electrical project . The project will officially carry over into the month of August due to delay in manufacturer’s electrical panels, all other project components will continue.
- July 1 through July 23 – Beardsley Park concrete dance floors project
- July through August – Kuentz parking lot lighting project. Project will begin as soon as materials become available. Work areas will be barricaded off as needed.
- Tentative dates of Aug. 30 through December 2021 – R.H. Johnson swim and fitness flooring project. To be scheduled after the Beardsley pool lighting project is complete. Swim and fitness center will experience some area closures, while maintaining access to the pool.
- Tentative dates of Aug. 30 through Sept. 24 – Beardsley aquatic pool lighting. New lighting will be installed, followed by repairs of old lighting removal.
- Kuentz parking lot asphalt mill & replacement
- Phase 1 – Sept. 15 through 23
- Phase 2 – Sept. 24 through Oct. 1
- Phased closure will allow for Kuentz to maintain daily operations.