Do you want to know what goes in to determining what next year’s annual dues will be? Or what the difference is between how Asset Preservation Fees and other sources of income can be spent? Curious how the rising cost of insurance, utilities and goods and services are impacting our expenses?
Well it’s budgeting time at the Rec Centers, which means now is the perfect time to attend our open meetings and learn the ins and outs of budgeting, and get answers to your questions.
Ultimately, the Governing Board will vote on a proposed budget at its May 25 meeting, but prior to that, there are plenty of opportunities to listen, learn and be involved in the process. Below are the meetings where parts or all of the budget will be discussed or presented; the community is invited to attend. All of these meetings begin 9 a.m. in the Lecture Hall.
Upcoming meetings with planned budget discussions or presentations
(pending final meeting agenda)
- March 7 Budget and Finance Committee
- March 10 Governing Board Workshop
- March 21 Budget and Finance Committee
- March 23 Governing Board Regular Meeting
- April 4 Budget and Finance Committee
- April 7 Governing Board Workshop
- April 18 Budget and Finance Committee
- April 20 Governing Board Meeting
- May 2 Budget and Finance Committee
- May 12 Governing Board Workshop
- May 23 Budget and Finance Committee
- May 25 Governing Board Regular Meeting
Did you know that Committee and Governing Board meetings are available to watch from home? These meetings are livestreamed through the Sun City West YouTube channel and are available to watch after they end too!
In addition, the proposed budget will be presented in the May Rec Center News for your review. And two public forums are slated so you can see the budget presentation in its entirety and ask questions. Those will be 9 a.m. Wednesday, April 12; and 5:30 p.m. Thursday, April 13, both in the RHJ Lecture Hall. They will also be available for viewing on our YouTube channel. You can also bookmark this page and come back to watch them using the video players below.
If you’ve ever asked yourself how your dues are spent, or why are Reserves are as high as they are, this is your opportunity to find out!