Beginning Monday, Nov. 22, RCSCW Governing Board and Committee meetings will be temporarily moving to craft room #5 at the Kuentz Recreation Center as renovations are scheduled to begin that day for the R.H. Johnson Lecture Hall.
Expected to last until late December, renovations at the R.H. Johnson Lecture Hall include the expansion of the main stage so it reaches from wall to wall and becomes one flat platform, removal of current stage railings and modifications to the doors located in the back of the room.
The following Governing Board and Committee meetings will be affected by the closure and moved to Kuentz craft room #5:
- Tuesday, Nov. 23 at 9 a.m. – Governing Board Election Special Committee
- Tuesday, Nov. 30 at 1:30 p.m. – Chartered Clubs Committee
- Thursday, Dec. 2 – Properties Committee (Meeting has been cancelled)
- Tuesday, Dec. 7 – Budget and Finance Committee (Meeting has been cancelled)
- Wednesday, Dec. 8 at 9 a.m. – Arts and Design Committee
- Thursday, Dec. 9 at 1:30 p.m. – Golf Committee
- Friday, Dec. 10 at 9 a.m. – Governing Board Workshop (Workshop has been cancelled, replaced with GB Regular Meeting)
- Monday, Dec. 13 – TORCH Committee
- Wednesday, Dec. 15 – Sports Pavilion/Bowling Committee (Meeting has been cancelled)
- Thursday, Dec. 16 at 9 a.m. – Governing Board regular meeting (Meeting has been moved to Friday, Dec. 10)
- Tuesday, Dec. 21 – Budget and Finance Committee (Meeting has been cancelled)
- Tuesday, Dec. 28 at 9 a.m. – Governing Board Election Special Committee (Closed Session)
While members of the community are always welcome to attend Governing Board and Committee meetings, space will be very limited during this timeframe. We encourage members to take advantage of the Sun City West YouTube channel and watch meetings online.
With our vast amount of indoor facilities, there should a venue that would hold the number of people that normally attend these meetings. Beardsley card room, and Palm Ridge hall are 2 examples. I would think if the meeting times are flexible, this could be an option fir these meetings. The You Tube channel was an option during the pandemic, but attending this meetings in person, is the preferred option, especially for governing board mtgs.
Will the Rex Center Admin and Board Members be addressing the alarming amount and frequency of burglaries that are occurring in our community?? Just having a meeting with the County Sheriffs Office is not enough… We, as residents, want the Board & Admin involved in what they propose to protect its residents., such as adjust the budget & reduce spending in some areas to “hire” more police officers to have a greater presence in SCW and find ways to decrease these alarming events from occurring.