Are you interested in joining our author book fair?
Apply to be one of the local authors book fair by September 30. Fill out an Application Here. If you are selected, please email a digital photo of you and your book cover(s) by October 6, 2022. We are limiting the book fair to 10 local authors.
The book fair will take place on November 3, 2022 from 1:00pm to 3:30pm in the main room of the library. The selected Authors can setup their tables for display between 11:30 and 12. We will cover the displays at 12pm. At 12:00pm everyone is invited to hear author Betty Webb talk about her experience writing a book in one month for NaMoWr in the Friends of the R. H. Johnson library Board Room. There will be a short questions and answer session with Betty Webb following her presentation until 1pm. Each author that is selected will have access to a 42-inch round table in the main library room. You may display and sell your books and you may decorate the table as long as all items fit on the table. I will provide a table sign with your name and an author’s name badge.
Deadline | Deadline for applications is Friday, September 30, 2022.
Application Process | 10 Applicants will be selected
Rules and Expectations
- You must be a resident of Sun City West.
- You must be a published author as of September 1, 2022.
- You must be willingly and legally able to sell your books in print at the event.
- You must complete out the application linked at the bottom of this page. One application per person.
- The application asks you to list up to three published books. If you have more than three, please choose any three of your published books.
- The author is the person expected to host their table. Assistants are welcome.
- If you have a disability, please note it in the application, so the Library can accommodate you.
- Selected authors must sign an agreement with the Library. A copy of the agreement is available here.
- Selected authors will have their photo taken and be asked for a brief 100 word biography for the Library to use in promoting the event.
- The author is responsible for handling their own monetary transactions.
- Authors will be responsible for supplying their books for sale and for all sales (types of currency accepted, sales tax, etc.).
- The R H Johnson Library is not responsible for damaged or stolen items.
- The Library will provide each author a table, chairs, and signage for the table. Due to space limitations and public safety, all materials provided by the author must fit on the table. The Library does not have the ability to accommodate banners, posters, or other wall/ceiling hangings.
- The selected authors agree that the Library may use their names, title(s) of their book(s), cover art, images, biography, and website address in any promotional materials for the event.
Apply Today! | Click here to apply via online form.
Questions? | If you have any questions, please contact Library Director Tracy Skousen at email@example.com or call 623-544-6160.