Do you plan on traveling this summer and need something to keep you occupied during your trip? Maybe you just need something to listen to while exercising. Whatever the case may be, audiobooks from the R.H. Johnson Library are available for SCW residents through the Libby app.
Audiobooks on Libby can be played through your smartphone or tablet or iPad to your car audio system to listen as you drive. You don’t have to worry about returning titles they return automatically through Libby with no late fees. Audiobooks can also be sent to play on your Kindle fire using the Overdrive App.
There are many benefits to listening to audiobooks through the Libby app:
- Play over your vehicle or home sound system.
- All progress will sync across devices so you can listen across multiple devices – in the car, at the gym or back home!
- Set a sleep timer until the end of a chapter or for a specific amount of time.
- Swipe on the book cover to skip backwards or forwards.
- Download and listen to your audiobooks offline when Wi-Fi is unavailable.
- Increase playback speed up to 3x for faster listening.
If you would like to search the current collection of audiobooks available on the Libby app, please click here. Sign in using your rec card number.
Download the Libby app to start listening to audiobooks from the R.H. Johnson Library today! Down below will also be a list of resources for how to use the Libby app in case this is your first time or if you have any questions/need assistance.
Instructions and tutorials for the Libby App
- Adding bookmarks, notes and highlights in an audiobook
- Can I listen to Libby audiobooks on my Google Home or Amazon Echo?
- Changing playback speeds
- Viewing your progress in an audiobook
- Does Libby work with Android Auto?
- Does Libby work with Apple Carplay?
- Does Libby work with Sonos devices?
- Navigating to different parts of a title
- Rewinding or fast-forwarding
- Setting a sleep timer
- Keyboards shortcuts for the Ebook reader and audiobook player
- Why are chapters locked in a title?