Sun City West Guest & Children Policy
Guests of all ages
The Recreation Centers of Sun City West is a private, not-for-profit corporation. Your guests are welcome here, however as all facilities are private (golf and bowling are semi-private) and for the exclusive use of Association members, your guests are required to follow all Association rules. Their presence shall not interfere with the peaceful enjoyment of the facilities by the members.
Guest Policy & Member Credit
– A Guest Fee is required for participation by a guest in all activities, with the exception of bowling and golf, where separate guest fees are charged.
– All guests must be checked in by a member when visiting facilities. The appropriate fee will be deducted from the host’s Member Credit account. Alternatively, if a member does not have credit on their account, they may use a credit card at the check-in station to pay for guests for that day’s visit. With this payment, the guest will receive a printed receipt from the monitor. The receipt must be retained for the remainder of the day and will serve as evidence of payment for that guest(s), who may then use other facilities for the remainder of the day at no additional charge (excluding golf and bowling).
– Guests under the age of 16 must be accompanied by a responsible adult at all times.
– Member Credit can be added at the Member Services office during regular working hours: Monday-Friday, 8 a.m. to 3 p.m or by calling
– Member Credit can also be added at Grandview Golf Course during regular operating hours, usually between 7 a.m. and 5:30 p.m., excluding some holidays.
– Members and tenants may request a Caregiver or Medical Waiver Card from the Member Services Office. Call 623-544-6100 or send your e-mail request to: email@example.com.
– Member Credit may be purchased by a member, associate member or tenant. They are available in increments of $1. These funds have no expiration date.
– Each guest who pays the daily fee may use all facilities available to him/her on the day of payment. (Guests may not check materials out of the Library.)
– Golf and bowling do not require a Guest Fee, but non-resident greens fees/lineage rates must be paid for each use.
– Sun City West residents who are not members of the Association may NOT use the facilities as guests. If they are living in the household of a member, they may purchase an Associate Membership.
– Children under the age of 16 must be accompanied by a responsible adult at all times. There are no exceptions.
– Children are guests, and as such, must be signed in by a member with a valid Recreation Card, having paid the appropriate guest fees.
– Children must follow all rules of the Association and must not interfere with the peaceful enjoyment of the facilities by residents and other guests.
– Host members are responsible for the conduct of guests and for any damages to facilities of equipment by their guests.
– Lifeguards are not provided at the pools.
– All rules will be enforced by the Monitors and Starters to ensure proper use of Recreation Center facilities for the enjoyment of residents and their invited guests. Your cooperation is appreciated.
– Children who are not toilet trained must wear a swim diaper while in the pool.
– Children must adhere to the posted family swim times at the various pools.
– Children MUST be accompanied at all times by a responsible adult for the length of the swim period.
– Children are not permitted in the spas.
You MAY Wear :
– Eye goggles
– Water shoes
– Flotation devices or vests that fit close to the body. i.e. Noodles
YOU MAY consume food only under the covered lounge area.
You MAY NOT :
– Bring glass containers into the pool area.
– Wear street shoes into the pool area.
– Dive or jump into water from sides of the pool.
– Yell, scream, spit, or use profane language.
– Climb on rocks surrounding the waterfalls.
Lifeguards are not provided. Adult supervision of children is required at all times.
Children must be able to safely handle a bowling ball and understand bowling courtesy.
Bumpers are available on Lanes 1 and 2 at R.H. Johnson Lanes (Sports Pavilion) which enable youngsters to keep the bowling ball in the lane.
Children under 12 may play golf if they can demonstrate to the satisfaction of the Starter that they understand the rules of golf and are able to play without disturbing the play of others. Children may not play during weekly Club play.
Children old enough to walk and carry a club safely and who do not interfere with the peaceful enjoyment of members may play Mini-Golf at R.H. Johnson and Beardsley Rec Centers.
Children must be over 52-inches tall and be able to demonstrate to the satisfaction of the Monitor that they can properly use a cue stick without causing damage to the tables.
Children may use the R.H. Johnson Library. Only holders of valid Recreation Cards have resource check-out privileges.
Fitness Centers & Hot Tubs:
No children are permitted in the fitness centers or hot tub areas.
Children under the age of 16 may use other Rec Center facilities when accompanied by a Recreation Card holder or other responsible adult at all times.
Members and guests are responsible for conducting themselves in a safe manner while using Recreation Center facilities.