Of Sun City West, Inc.
Date: September 11, 2017
To: RCSCW Governing Board
From: Mike Whiting, General Manager
Subject: Weekly Activity Report – September 11, 2017
- The vendor came out and plugged and sealed the RHJ Spa before it gets tiled. We hope to have the tile work started this week.
- ForeSite continues to tie up the loose ends on the pool project prior to the Grand Opening.
- The Beardsley Park Lighting Project is expected to be completed next week.
- The Beardsley Arts and Crafts Parking Lot Asphalt Seal and Strip Project is completed.
- The Desert Trails Pro Shop Remodel project is in progress.
- Kuentz ADA ramp installation at three locations has been completed.
- The installation of Bollards at Grandview parking lot is completed. Seal and Stripe of the lot takes place 9/13 – 9/14.
- Projects that are starting the week of 9/11/17 include:
- Kuentz Softball Ramp concrete, 9/11 – 9/12
- Kunetz Woodshop Parking pouring, 9/11 – 9/15
- Kuentz Craftrooms #3 & #4 Flooring replacement, 9/14 – 9/15
- Kuentz parking Lot #1 Seal and Stripe, Sunday, 9/17 – 9/18 and Lot #2, Sunday 9-24 – 9/25
- Sports Pavilion Memo’s Café Flooring replacement, 9/11 – 9/12
- Grandview Parking Lot Seal and Strip, 9/13 – 9/14
- Fall Bowling Leagues began last week.
- Tuesday’s Special brought in $108, Sunday’s Special $439.
- Two members from the Classic league bowled 300 games last week; Jeff Richard and John Babbitt. Congratulations to you both!
- The Shuffle Board Room opens on 9/25/17
- 52 bowlers have signed up for the Lona King Bowling Tournament on October 7, 2017.
- The RHJ Pool will be shut down on Thursday and Friday of this week to prepare for the Grand Opening on Saturday 9/16/17. Join us for the food, festivities, demonstrations and entertainment from 9 a.m. to 9 p.m. on Saturday.
- Ballet in the Park is scheduled for Thursday, 9/21/17. Concessions open at 5 p.m., performance begins at 7 p.m.
- Friday, 9/22/17 our Welcome Back Dance in sold out.
- Movies in the park will now be on Sunday nights. The first movie is scheduled for Oct. 1 is “Gifted”
- Our Entertainment which was previously scheduled on Sundays at Beardsley Park will now be held on Saturdays at the Park at 7 p.m. The first band for scheduled is “Touch of Gray” p.m. Oct. 7.
- Our “walk abouts” with the Properties Committee begin on Tuesday, September 19 and each Tuesday for 5 weeks there after.
- We are still receiving very nice comments about the library’s new look.
- The library will hold an Open House next month from 10:00 a.m. to Noon on Friday, September 29, 2017.
- The library will offer Virtual Reality to residents on three Fridays each month beginning on September 22. Preregistration is required. Each session will be limited to six people in order to give everyone enough time to enjoy the experience.
- Even though the Village Store was closed for the month of August, The Silver and Lapidary Clubs both had good sales revenue.
- Village Store employees were busy working with Clubs on consignments last week.
- The Village Store will be open the evening of the RHJ Pool Grand Opening from 5 p.m. to 9 p.m. to accommodate anyone who may want to shop.
- The new Member Packet has been completed and was sent to print. The format for the new packet has been completely changed to a “magazine” format to make it more time efficient and cost effective. It is also available in digital form and can be downloaded and printed.
- RCSCW is providing the venue to the Independent Expo in exchange for future advertising. Any questions regarding this Expo should be directed to the Independent Newspaper and not the Rec. Centers.
- Golf revenue and rounds were down the first 10 days of September ($5,000/350 rounds).
- We are currently interviewing candidates to fill Call Center and PA positions for the upcoming season.
- We hope to have both the July and August Financials out for publication by this Friday prior to the next B&F Committee Meeting.
Upcoming Events: September 2017
Sat Sep 16 RH JOHNSON SWIM & FITNESS GRAND REOPENING
MORNING • 9 a.m. – Ribbon Cutting During entry, we will be giving out a limited number of promotional items (filled bags and tumblers; must show your rec card to claim your gift) • 9:15-9:45 a.m. – Deep Water Exercise Class demo (Sherry) • 10-10:45 a.m. – Water Zumba Class demo (Mitzi) • 10:45 a.m. – Paddle Board Yoga with Desert Lotus (Jennifer) • 11 a.m. – Master Swim demo (Diane) • 11:15 a.m. – Root beer floats (provided by The Buzz) In between each demonstration, we will do a raffle. Raffles by Jason Peterson with Edward Jones and Lucas Hooten with GroovyTek will be at the end around 11-11:15 a.m.
AFTERNOON Fitness on Demand Demos – in the Fitness Room • 1 p.m. – Easy Does It: Seated Movements • 1:30 p.m. – Gaiam Walking: Strong Walk • 2:15 p.m. – Quickfix: Total Body Balance Ball • 3 p.m. – CoffeyFit: Slimsculpting 1-2 • 3:45 p.m. – Pedal Power
EVENING• 5 p.m. – Hot dogs and other concessions available • 6-9 p.m. – Southwest Selfies Photo Booth • 6-9 p.m. – Southwest Surfers Concert (Beach Boys Tribute)
Thu Sep 21 BALLET IN THE PARK, 7 pm Beardsley Park, Enjoy the great work of Ballet Arizona as they present excerpts from their upcoming season. Admission is free, please bring your own chair. Gates open at 5pm. Concessions run from 5-7pm and include hot dogs, hamburgers, and brats,
Fri Sep 22 WELCOME BACK DANCE with THADDEUS ROSE, 7 pm, Palm Ridge Recreation Center. This event is SOLD OUT!
The R. H. Johnson Swim and Fitness Center is now open.
The GRAND OPENING is scheduled for the weekend of Sept 16th.