Of Sun City West, Inc.
Date: July 22 2019
To: RCSCW Governing Board
From: William Schwind, General Manager
Subject: Weekly Activity Report – July 22, 2019
Completed Projects –
- RHJ Social Hall Hardwoods – Screen and Seal FY19-20 Project completed 7/17. Social Hall reopened Monday 7/22/19.
- RHJ Small Dog Park – Upgrade New Cell Addition – FY18-19 Project completed 7/15/19.
- The RHJ Facilities Enhancement Sidewalk Replacement – FY18-19 Project completed 7/19/19.
- The Beardsley Copper/Glass/Porcelain Rooms Flooring – FY19-20 Project completed 7/21/19.
- Kuentz Liberty Field Shed Foundation – Concrete Pour completed 7-19-19.
Active Project –
- RHJ Parking Lot 3 – FY19-20 Project – Traffic Calming Project in progress; curbing extensions complete 7/19/19. Speed bumps and striping to be installed 7/22 – 7/24.
- Beardsley Aquatics Pool and spa Liner – FY19-20 Project – Spa Tile installation and main Pool Pre-liner Cleaning are in progress. The New Liner installation begins 7/29/19.
- Beardsley Card Rooms 1,2,3,4 – FY18-19 & FY19-20 Project – Painting and electrical trim are in progress. Flooring is scheduled to be installed 7/29/19.
- Beardsley Rec. Center – General Energy conservation – FY18-19 Project Arts & Crafts Building is 90% complete. Sagebrush, Copper/Glass and Photography Clubs Rooms are in progress.
- Flooring in the Beardsley Agave Room starts today.
- The new digital MPS Work Order System is now fully functional. Employees can access the system through an icon on their desktops to submit a ticket to report an issue requiring Facility Maintenance attention. Responses to submitted tickets will be via email.
Recreation Maintenance: (David)
- Just a reminder that Beardsley Pool is closed for major pool and spa renovations and reopens October 1, 2019.
Recreation Activities: (Riley)
- Our CC&R Department formally started on July 1, 2019. As of Monday, July 22 we have 76 open cases and there were 16 we resolved. We currently have 60 open cases. We have received several of our first wave letters back as undeliverable. In these cases we do additional research for alternate addresses. A wave of second letters were mailed out last week. We continue to work with our software vendor SmartWebs and will attend a training session on Tuesday of this week. For more information on CC&R’s take a moment to check out our web page using this link: https://suncitywest.com/ccr-faq-sun-city-west/ .
- We had 100% participation at last Friday’s League Meeting. We will have 2,000 bowlers participating in 36 – 40 leagues.
- The Sports Pavilion is closed from 7/29/19 through 8/11/19 at which time the Building will undergo a major cleaning to get ready for the new season this Fall.
- Our Brunswick Scoring System is basically on its last leg. The vendor had performed some maintenance on it to hopefully keep it up and running for another year to at least get us through the Fall season.
- The Lona King Tournament scheduled for November 8, 9 and 10 can accept 150 bowlers. We currently have 75 registrations for this event.
- Village Store Summer hours for July are currently 9 a.m. to 1 p.m., Mon. – Fri. and the Store is closed in August, scheduled to reopen the day after Labor Day, Sept. 3rd.
- Sales at the Village Store this past Friday from 9 .m. to 1 p.m. just over $400
- We are starting the planning for the Fall Arts and Crafts Fair scheduled for Saturday, Nov. 2 from 8 a.m. to 2 p.m. Our wi-fi credit card machines are not booting up. We will have to resolve this problem way in advance of the Fair.
- We are working on getting updated member list out to the Posse.
- Our Multi-Media Specialist Martin Aguero is now video recording SCW Radio Station Interviews so they can be viewed on You Tube at a later date.
- We will be increasing the Rec. Center News by two pages beginning with the October 2019 issue.
- Multi-Media specialist Martin Aguero has also set up our Instagram Account which has attracted over 200 followers in 6 months.
- Welcome new IT Employee Francisco Francisco will be working as our Help Desk Rep. Be sure to welcome him in his new position!
- This week the Library will offer Virtual Reality on Tuesday, Wednesday and Friday; Story Time on Wednesday; Scrabble and a demonstration by the Creative Stitcher’s Club on Thursday; and chess on Friday.
27. The Community Puzzle and the Summer Reading Club both continue.
- While winter visitors are up north and many year-rounders are on vacation, Library staff have some time to concentrate on projects such as inventory.
- The Friends of the R. H. Johnson Library will hold a summer book sale from 8 a.m. to 1 p.m. on Saturday, August 10 at the Social Hall (19803 R. H. Johnson Blvd., next to Fry’s Food). The Friends are accepting donations of books, jigsaw puzzles and games, DVDs and Blu-rays, music CDs, books on cassette and CD. Donations should be dropped off at the R.H. Johnson Library (13801 W. Meeker Blvd.) on the R.H. Johnson side of the building between 9 am and 3 pm, Tuesdays through Saturdays. Please do not leave donations outside the Library or in the library return boxes. All proceeds from the sale go directly toward purchasing new items for the library.
- CFO Peter Finelli along with Tim and Karen from his staff will conduct several interviews this week with candidates that applied for the open Financial Analyst position.
- Annual Association Audit field work is underway. Association filings for 401K accounts, income statement and taxes must be completed by November 15.
- Individual tickets are available for our remaining Summer Series Program, the Dry Heat Band (8/6). Shows are at 3 and 7 pm at Palm Ridge.
- Check out our Sizzling Summer Series for July and August. Tickets are now on sale! Shows are on various dates with two shows each day, 1 p.m. and 3 p.m. Entertainment includes With a Little Help From My Friends (SOLD OUT), Sentimental Journey and John Gamber. Check the Box Office for dates and times.
- Tickets are available for our Fall Fest Concerts scheduled from October 25 through October 27 (Thaddeus Rose”, “The Pettybreakers”, KansAZ”). The location for this event is Beardsley Park. All shows are at 7 p.m.
- Top Hat subscriptions for 2020 are available now. Please check with the Box Office.
- A “Stop the Bleed” kit will be added with the instructions for AED machines.
- For the month of July so far, golf rounds are down 5% compared to last year but revenue is up 3%.
- We are interviewing for the vacant Golf Events position.
- We are picking up the last of the repainted and refurbished ball machines this week. All seven have now been repainted
- Modifications were made to the Total e Tee Time Lottery System. We are now working on creating a nine-hole tee sheet for Stardust Golf Course online.
- Trail Ridge reopened on Tuesday, 7/23/19. During the 5-day closure greens were aerified and top-dressed, staff worked on enlarging and re-sodding the Rec/Yellow tee box o hole #5 and did some minor irrigation repair
- Desert Trails Golf Course will be closed for greens aerification on Thursday 7/25/19 and reopen on Tuesday, 7/30/19.
- Echo Mesa Bunker Project Update – this project is about 50% complete. This week staff will continue putting new sand in the bunkers. 16,000 sq. ft. of sod is scheduled for installation next Friday, 7/26/19. We are still looking at a completion date of min-August. The schedule could change with the monsoon season.
- Deer Valley Golf Course Project Update – Range Tee Leveling starts towards the end of this week. The rest of the fill material will be delivered by Wednesday.
- Palm tree Trimming update. We have two courses left to trim, Deer Valley and Pebblebrook. Deer Valley starts today ad Pebblebrook starts the 2nd week of August.
- Small Dog Park Project Update – All landscaping has been completed. Staff will continue to fertilize and spot water this week. Reopening is scheduled for next Monday, July 29th. Both sides of the Park should be open in two weeks.
- Johnson Lawns Bowls greens were remeasured last week. This was a follow up to the laser leveling that was done in late May. Some areas around he perimeter are still off by 1/16” – 1/8”. Staff will hand top-dress these areas to correct the problem. We will be hosting the Lawns Bowls U.S. Nationals again this year.
- Palm Tree Trimming Update – all Palm trees in the common landscape areas are complete. The trimming crew still needs to come back and work on minor touchups.
July Upcoming Events
|Event||Event Date||Location||Time||Ticket Sales|
|Dive in Movie – The Meg||Friday, July 26, 2019||RHJ Pool||Dusk||No Tickets needed|
|Sizzling Summer – Beatles Tribute||Tuesday, July 30, 2019||Stardust||3pm||SOLD OUT|
Current / Upcoming Ticket Sales
|Event||Event Date||Location||Time||Ticket Sales|
|Fall Fest||10-25 thru 10-27||Beardsley||7pm||Available Now|
|Summer Series||Dry Heat Band – 8/6||Palm Ridge||3 & 7pm||Still Available|
|Sizzling Summer||Sentimental Journey||Stardust||3pm||Still Available|
|Sizzling Summer||John Gamber||Stardust||3pm||SOLD OUT|
|2020 TOP HAT Subscription||Dates Vary 2020||Palm Ridge||3 & 7pm||Subscriptions Available NOW|
Dive in Movie – The Meg!
Age limit for movies – we will not be allowing children in as it is not children’s hours. Age must be 16+
The Buzz will be open with full menu and Hot Dog Special
July 22, 2019
2019/2020 SUBSCRIPTIONS – (Only 700 seats available for subscriptions)
|2020 Top Hat Subscriptions 3PM||Palm Ridge||436||62%||Dates Vary|
|2020 Top Hat Subscriptions 7PM||Palm Ridge||689||98%||Dates Vary|
|2019 Summer Series 3PM||Palm Ridge||85||25%||Date Vary|
|2019 Summer Series 7 PM||Palm Ridge||122||36%||Dates Vary|
Summers Series no longer available – Individual Sales now available
|2020 Cruise Ship Subscriptions 7PM||Palm Ridge||700||100%||Dates Vary|