The Recreation Centers of Sun City West Governing Board wrapped up a recent training session by developing six goals for 2018-19.
The goals capped two days of training July 9-10 at Palm Ridge Recreation Center where new and continuing directors learned about Association Bylaws, non-profit law, open meetings laws and more. They discussed communication strategies, committees, changing demographics, capital needs, and other general topics.
The Board concluded by developing six goals to guide them in the next fiscal year. Because the two days were a training session and not a regular meeting, the goals were not formally approved. That will have to occur at a regular Board meeting. Those resume in September.
However, the general consensus among the eight Directors in attendance was that they wanted to work on the following:
1. Review the Standing Committees and their charters in the Bylaws
2. Train Committee Chairs on their roles
3. Review plans for the future and determine next steps
4. Review the Space Utilization Study, and communicate recommendations via Committees; work with staff to implement
5. Complete Bylaw review. Determine if a community vote is necessary on any of the proposed changes
6. Improve the Board’s visibility/communication in the community
The newest and ninth director, Anita DeGumbia, was selected on July 9 to fill a vacancy on the Board. She was unable to attend the training.