Featured image is from the 2020 update of the Kuentz Recreation Center
The Rec Centers of Sun City West are planning a series of capital projects at R.H. Johnson, Palm Ridge and Beardsley recreation centers beginning in April and continuing through June.
Here is the tentative schedule and the work that will be tackled during that time:
Updated 4-2-21: Kuentz tennis facility repairs were added to the April section
- April 26 through May 16 – Sports Pavilion will be closed for replacement of the scoring system and point of sale millwork reface
- March 29 through April 2 – Bocce courts #7 through 12 will be closed for replacement of lighting fixtures with new led fixtures to match the ones previously completed on other courts
- April 5 through May 21 – Parking lot and walkway lighting replacement. Vendor will replace all parking lot holes and fixtures with new energy conserving led lights in progressive phases, including the fixtures on all the walkway lights throughout. This project will not require any closures to the buildings, daily work areas will be barricaded off.
- April 5 through May 21 – Aquatics building foundation repairs. Vendor will make concrete and stucco repairs to the building’s perimeter walls and foundation. Project will not require any closures to the building. Members should expect noisy conditions to all perimeters of the Aquatic building, including the outdoor pool. Daily work areas will be barricaded off.
- April 12 through 16 – General Acrylics is scheduled for repairs at the Kuentz tennis facility central walkway. April 16 is the tentative completion date for repairs
- May 24 through June 25 – Parking lot asphalt mill and replacement. Vendor will remove all existing asphalt areas and replace with new asphalt. Palm Ridge Recreation Center closure expected for approximately 30 days.
- Dates TBD – Beardsley Park transformer and electrical renovation. Vendor and APS to install new transformer and electrical system modifications at stage, all ramadas throughout the park. Park will be closed until completion.
- Dates TBD – Metal Shop Addition. Project is currently out for bid. Tentative Metal Shop building closure scheduled for May through October.
- Dates TBD – Replacement of R.H. Johnson Library entry doors
- Dates TBD – Swim and Fitness center hallway and locker room flooring replacement