R.H. Johnson Library moves to curbside pickup only; Membership visits are by appointment only
With COVID-19 cases on the rise in the state of Arizona and with the expectation that the trend will continue through the holiday season, the Recreation Centers of Sun City West will be implementing new COVID-19 safety measures for the remainder of the calendar year.
Starting Monday, Dec. 14, the Membership Department will be requiring all members to schedule an appointment if they wish to visit the Member Services office in person. This will help limit the number of people inside the office and provide a safer environment for both staff and members. To schedule an appointment, please contact our Membership Department at 623-544-6100. The Member Services office is open from 8 a.m. to 2:30 p.m. Monday through Friday.
Members are highly encouraged to avoid coming into Membership at all, but rather to make payments online or through the phone. To make a payment online, members may visit our member portal (suncitywest.totaleintegrated.com). An email on file with the Membership Department is required to create an online account. Phone payments can be made by calling 623-544-6100. Visa, Mastercard and Discover are all accepted. Checks may be dropped off at the Membership drop box right outside the office or mailed to RCSCW Member Services, 19803 R.H. Johnson Blvd., Sun City West, AZ 85375. Golf card purchases may also be made via phone by calling Membership.
In addition to the changes in Membership, the R.H. Johnson Library also will be implementing new safety measures for the rest of the year. Starting Tuesday, Dec. 15, the library will only be allowing members to check out items using their curbside pickup service. Items can be reserved for curbside pickup through the library’s online catalog (catalog.scwlibrary.com) or by calling 623-544-6130. Members will then be notified by library staff once their items are available for pickup. When picking up, members must provide their rec card number to staff in order to receive their items. Checked out items can be returned via the book drop boxes, which are available 24 hours a day.
The Data Resource Center in the Library will be available at 50 percent capacity by appointment only. Visits are limited to one hour in the DRC. Access to the rest of the Library will be prohibited. Call 623-544-6130 to reserve a computer in the Data Resource Center.
Members are reminded masks are required in all facilities. Your cooperation and understanding is appreciated.
Frequently Asked Questions about the R.H. Johnson Library’s Curbside Pickup
- When does the curbside service begin?
- Starting Tuesday, Dec. 15, items at the library will only be available for checkout through the curbside pickup service. The Data Resource Center will stay open at 50% capacity for one hour appointments.
- What time can I pickup my items?
- Beginning on Tuesday, Dec. 15, the curbside pickup service will be available Tuesday through Saturday, 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. The library will be closing at 1 p.m. Thursday, Dec. 24 and all-day Friday, Dec. 25 and Jan. 1.
- Who can pickup my items?
- Anyone may pickup your items, but they must present your Rec Card to the library staff. Staff will not release items to those without a Rec Card.
- How do I reserve items?
- You can reserve most titles online through the library’s online catalog or over the phone by calling 623-544-6130. Requests are limited to 10 items per customer at a time. There is no fee for this service.
- What if I have items on hold but do not feel comfortable using the curbside pickup service?
- Your name will stay on the hold list but if after three days from when we call to let you know your hold is available, we will check the item out to the next person on the hold list and move your name down so when we open the library you will be first on the hold list.
- What if I no longer want to check out the items I have on hold?
- Please call 623-544-6130 and we can remove the item from your hold or you can remove the hold online through the library’s online catalog.
- How does the curbside pickup service work?
- Reserve your items online or over the phone at 623-544-6130
- Once your items are ready, you will be notified by phone. You may then pick them up only during curbside hours. You do not need to call ahead or book an appointment.
- When arriving, follow the posted signs to find the designated pickup area at the main entrance to the library
- Stay in your car and one of our staff members will approach your window from a safe distance to ask for your Rec Card number
- When they return with your items, please open the back of your vehicle so the staff member may safely place your items inside
- Where do I return my items?
- You may only return items via the book drop boxes, which have 24-hour access. All items will be placed in quarantine for 72 hours before being placed back on shelves. Puzzles and magazines can be returned to the table near the book drop.
R.H. Johnson Library
Starting Tuesday, Dec. 15, the R.H. Johnson Library will only be offering their curbside pickup service.
Member Services Office
Starting Monday, Dec. 14, the Member Services offices will only be available via appointment.